Gulf Coast Hurricane Tracker

A single source reference on tropical weather predictions. With a traditional focus on the upper Texas and Louisiana Gulf Coast we've maintained links to track all Atlantic Basin, Caribbean and eastern Pacific storm systems. We are now expanding our view to tropical storms throughout the world intending to be a comprehensive global storm tracking resource.

Monday, August 27, 2012

We're back to greet Issac

It's been over a year since I've posted to this blog. I've had some issues both on the personal front and the workfront that just became overwhelming and something had to give. I want to give a big thanks to all my loyal readers who continue to check the site for new and updated information. I know that the site keeps getting checked for information and with Issac heading for a landfall on the northern Gulf Coast, this would be a good time to get back in the saddle and get er going.

I also want to give a big thanks to Slipstream who gave us up to date and accurate reporting on all the activity happening in the western Pacific last year. It was a busy year last year and last month Hong Kong was hit with one of its strongest storms.

So everyone, as I get back to posting again, please leave comments letting me know if this information on storm activity, tracking and actions to take are valuable or if there is something I am missing. And of course if I mess up - call me out. We cannot improve unless we know what we are doing wrong. Remember I am just you humble hurricane hobbyist.

2010 Atlantic Hurricanes (courtesy of Weatherstreet.com)

NOAA Gulf of Mexico Radar (courtesy of Weatherstreet.com)

NOAA West Atlantic & Caribbean Radar (courtesy of Weatherstreet.com)

NOAA East Atlantic Radar (courtesy of Weatherstreet.com)